The COC has designed a package of information on what the COC is and what services it provides to Canadian member societies, to their individual members, and to Canadian hobbyists at large. This communication package is for you to display to your society members at regular meetings and during your annual show. You are invited to use the materials provided to raise awareness of the various services that the COC provides to its members.
The COC encourages your society to take full advantage of the orchid culture information provided in the newsletter and on the COC web site. When questions about orchids are received from the public, you may find answers to their queries by directing them to the COC web site.
You can download and print culture sheet copies for distribution to your members, or for distribution to hobbyists requiring information on orchids. The brochure, the culture sheets, etc. can all be copied to provide handouts to go along with the display. Please note that the information are copyrighted and societies are not permitted profit from selling these information.
The following materials are available for downloading and printing:
- the new COC poster which gives the goals and objectives of the COC. You can use it as a background feature to the display. You can print it on 11″x17″ glossy paper at stores like Kinko’s or Staples for less than $1.50. The poster is available in English and in French.
- a brochure explaining the services of the COC can also be printed for possible distribution to society members or the public at a show. The brochure is available in English.
- a reference card the size of a business card giving the web site address.
- culture sheets are useful to those growing orchids. There are 12 of these on the web site and they can be accessed and printed for grower use.
- suggestions regarding the paperwork required for the importation of orchids including the Import check list, Travellers Importing Orchids and Import Requirements. Note that import requirements may change without notice and one should always double check before committing to purchase.
Our goal is to raise awareness at your Society level:
Is your society taking full advantage of the services being offered? The insurance program? The COC medal? The education series and webinars?
Help your members be fully informed. If you have any suggestions or comments regarding the COC Communication Awareness initiative or feedback on the new materials, we would love to hear from you.